Stress is common among Americans. In fact, 8 out of every 10 Americans feel stress sometimes or even frequently during the course of an average day. When you take a break between tasks, consider reading one of these books to give your eyes some rest.
- Zen as F*ck: A Journal for Practicing the Mindful Art of Not Giving a Sh*t (Zen as F*ck Journals) by Monica Sweeney: If you’re not the quiet meditation or peaceful mantras type, this book is for you. This book teaches you how to “rise, shine, and kick ass.”
- Shook One by Charlamagne the God: Believe it or not, Charlamagne the God deals with anxiety every day, but the radio host has found a way to let it drive him. The book is available in audio format but you can also get the hard or softcover here.
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson: If you can’t tell already, there’s a bit of a theme with this list. This book is a New York Times Bestseller that teaches you that positivity isn’t always the best mindset. Rather than turn lemons into lemonade, Mark teaches us to stomach lemons better. The book also includes plenty of well-timed poop jokes.
- Calm the F*ck Down: How to Control What You Can and Accept What You Can’t So You Can Stop Freaking Out and Get on with Your Life by Sarah Knight: Sarah is an international best-selling author. From breakups to job loss, and even your favorite ice cream no longer being sold, Sarah walks you through how to handle emotions. The book is available in hard and soft cover or audio format.
- Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers by Robert Sapolsky: If you want science-backed research for dealing with stress, consider this book by primatologist Robert Sapolsky. Robert walks you through how stressing long term is often the primary factor contributing to serious diseases like heart disease and cancer. You’ll then learn ways to control your stress responses.
No matter what time you read these books, you’re bound to get some valuable takeaways from them. Have you read any of these books?